Martini Spray Tan ~ Las Vegas ~ 702.281.6124
Custom Airbrush Spray Tanning
Specializing in Competition Tanning
Skin Preparation and After Care Instructions
Skin Preparation and Post Instructions for your competition tan
For maximum results, spend the week prior to your competition spray appointment exfoliating and moisturizing your body. Think about your skin as needing to be sanded and primed before you paint it !
The recommended competition skin prep products are Pro Tan products.
The DAY OF your spray tan, DO NOT MOISTURIZE – EXFOLIATE ONLY WITH BAKING SODA/SOAP MIXTURE, PROTAN GET BUFFED or plain white soap and an exfoliation mitt.
If you choose to use a tanning bed for a base tan DO NOT BURN! We cannot fix peeling skin and you will not have a good look on stage once spray tanned.
1) The week of your competition tan ( ideally at minimum Sunday, Tues and Thursday ) Using exfoliating scrub (such as Get Buffed by Pro Tan), gently exfoliate from head to toe, with nylon exfoliating gloves or a nylon mesh cloth and make sure to exfoliate your back. We have also found that dry brushing with a soft nylon body brush before you shower is also a great added step to help exfoliate, remove dead skin cells and increase circulation
2) The day of make a thick bricky paste of baking soda AND a non-moisturizing liquid gel soap such as Dial Antibacterial Hand Soap. Gently wash entire body. Do Not Use store bought scrubs with heavy oils or that leave a residue on your skin.
DO NOT USE SHAVING CREAMS/FOAMS THE DAY OF TANNING (if you do use a cream or foam PLEASE exfoliate after you shave to remove residue of shaving products… very important ).
Pay special attention to your knees, elbows, hands, feet and heels. The better condition your skin is in, the better the product will absorb and the more flawless your tan will look. If using a store bought scrub PLEASE MAKE SURE you wash again with the non-moisturizing liquid gel soap or plain white soap after exfoliating. This will ensure that there is not an excess of oily residue on your skin should your own choice of body scrub contains too much oil.
2) It is suggested that you have shaved at least 8 hours before your spray tan, preferably the night before. All waxing should be completed at least 72 hours prior IF you're accustomed to waxing. Otherwise, wax 7 days before your spray tan appointment. You cannot shave or shower after your color is applied until after your competition.
3) DO NOT put on any make-up, deodorant, perfume/cologne Before or After your spray tan application. Ladies will be able to apply make up on show day. These products will raise the skin's PH and can turn your armpits and body green. Painting the finger and toenails with a clear polish will avoid staining of the nails. We will provide barrier cream for this purpose as well, which is easily wiped off after your tan application.
4) Come to us with clean dry skin. Wear dark loose fitted pants and long sleeved shirt after tan and to sleep in
5) We recommend wearing an oversized long sleeved shirt and oversized drawstring waistband style sweatpants. SOFT COTTON OR POLYESTER BLEND is best because as they glide over your skin and won't disrupt the development of the bronzer. Avoid stiff or silk fabrics. Tops that “easily” pull OVER your head are best. Avoid zippers, snaps and buttons. Do Not Wear Jeans, ribbed clothing, tennis shoes or socks.
6) If you have long hair, please remember to bring a tie back to keep hair off your shoulders and neck. We will provide a cap for you to wear.
7) Men may wear something smaller than their posing suit, if being sprayed nude is uncomfortable .For the best results, it is easier for us to spray without posing trunks, therefore we will provide socks for coverage.
8) A typical 2 application spray tanning session takes about 15-20 minutes for the applications and another 10 minutes to complete the drying process.
9) After your color has been applied, please plan to sleep in your loose, over sized clothing until the morning. This will eliminate any inadvertent hand marks on your body during sleep. Please bring an extra pair of sheets for the hotel bedding so you do not stain or damage bedding. Also carry this sheet with you for your car and sitting in chairs at the venue.
10) DO NOT SHOWER or put on any deodorant, perfume/cologne until AFTER your competition unless you are instructed to do so by our staff. If we have to re-spray you due to showering without instruction from our staff, there will be an extra charge as it will require additional time and product.
Competitors scheduled with MST assume ALL risk to any hotel property, not limited to soiling of linens, clothing or posing suits. Please be respectful to hotels and venue… bring an extra set of sheets and towels
*If, during your spray appointment, it has been determined that you have deviated from the above skin prep recommendations without prior communication with us and you are asked to re-shower, you will be charged an additional $35.00. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. This disruption causes a break down in the schedule, creates unnecessary added stress and additional product expense.
If using another company's tanning product it is important that it be rinsed off the skin before being sprayed by MST. Please discuss the use of ANY other tanning products used BEFORE your appointment with us. We are NOT responsible for poor results with mixing of products that we are unaware of or deviating from the above instructions. MST has developed these specific skin prep instructions to ensure you receive a flawless tan for your competition. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding these instructions.
Pro Tan Products can be purchased at https://protanusa.com/shop/ Use code ‘ martini ‘ for 20% off